Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Dream Home..Oh Sweet Home!

You know how girls grow up dreaming about their perfect weddings (at least according to the chick flicks this is 100% true)? Well,I grew up dreaming about my perfect home! Maybe it had something to do with having spent an inordinate amount of time with my best friend Manu who was a born Interior Designer, who would enter a birthday party and immediately pick out 10 different ways to arrange the cushions and the flowers in the room (needless to say,we were kicked out of countless birthday parties)!

So anyway, since I have always been bit by this Home decoration bug-and also owing to my dad’s transferable job we never had any permanent roots, I have always been dreaming about having my own home which I would decorate with world’s best artifacts and what not! It has been a life long dream and ever since I heard about the entry of Numero Uno Porcelanosa in Asia with Kolte-Patil Developers Ltd. for their luxury brand #24KLiving - I had to check it out and and the moment I did, my mind was again filled with images of my Dream Home! Trying not to get overwhelmed with all the choices, here I list down some of my most dreamy ones that are definitely making it to my sweet home :)

I have always had a thing for Natural Wood floor tiles as I want my home to exude an earthiness, a down-to earth quality which is naturally elegant and all-encompassing! Having chosen my floor tiles,I want something sturdy for the walls and I am going to use Natural Stone tiles which will provide a solid overall look, something I value and something that doesn’t erode with time!

Now I will move on to one of the most important rooms of my house-The Kitchen! While I don’t claim to be a Masterchef, my kitchen is definitely one of the busiest hubs of activity since I believe in freely experimenting (palatability is not always a concern for me :P) and my kitchen needs the best for this. Fret not, since I have my eye on some wonderful Kitchen furniture like G500 / G575 Blanco Brillo G670 Roble Camel Vintage that comes with ample storage space and G936 Cristal Verde Oliva / G625 Roble Niebla / G575 Moka Brillo will come handy for all the versatile uses I can think of for as many ingredients as possible :D And of course, the Krion worktop is exactly what I have been waiting for since eons! Classy, elegant, stylish and most importantly, so functional! My dream kitchen is right here!

Another very important room-Bathroom-is where I am getting so stuck! I cannot pick out 1 from so many wonderful choices! I want the Next Roble Coco Vintage as well as In Luxury Blanco Mate / Oro Mate as well as Spirit Collection!  Each one of these signifies a ‘less is more’attitude and exudes an aura of unparalleled vintage style that I adore! And the Shower Set is the stuff that dreams actually are made of!And Escalera K is what I need to keep all my shower accessories in place, spic and span. I love how every piece of furniture and accessory is designed keeping in mind ease of use and functionality and not just as pretty props to be flaunted (though the flaunt quotient is simply off the charts too).

Having spent more than an hour looking through (ogling is more of an apt description) it is time for me to glide back to reality-but with this hope that someday I shall own my dream home and posting pictures of the same,all of them from this beautiful Catalogue that I hold so dear. Oh Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment