Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Fantastico Inspiration for me ..And for everyone else as well!

I am gonna talk about someone who is one of my personal inspirations!

How often do we say, Oh life is hard, Oh God why life is like this, Oh why is this happening to me only?

No,I am no saying this to make anyone feel bad or belittle anyone's struggles. Yes,it is true that we all have our own personal demons to face, difficult situations to deal with but personally I have many a times come close to giving up. It is in these moments of self doubt that some stories fill us up with hope and courage.

Now imagine for a second that you are a 16 year old girl,living in a remote rural part of India,way back in 1970s, without any education, without any financial independence and just like it is custom for every other girl in the village,you are married off to a man 10 years older to you by your parents. You start living your new life because this is what you had been taught and prepared for,all your life. Then you become pregnant. Then you are delirious with happiness because it is a girl, a little princess,all of your own. But wait, your husband and your in-laws ask you to throw her in the garbage because they want a son and you have committed a sin by giving birth to a girl!

I know that if faced with a situation like this, I would probably have gone insane.

But not Ashakutty Aunty, mother of one of my college friends. Yes, this is a true story that really happened to some one I know. Do you know what she did? 

She took her daughter in her arms and ran. Ran away from that village, that society, those in-laws and created a new life for herself and her daughter, she taught herself basic education, she worked in homes as a maid, she lived in slums, ate scraps but never gave up. 

Today her daughter is finishing her MBA in one of the top management schools of India, and has already started working in a huge IT firm. Asha aunty does not need to do anything for survival anymore. But all that she had to go through, does it haunt her or trouble her in any way?

Just ask her this question and she replies, 'I am not perfect,I am not God, I am nobody to question his decision. I went through what was in my destiny perhaps, I did the best I could, I have no reason to hate anyone. I just want to live a good life and go to God with a good face on my death.' Today,she spends her time among many underprivileged kids, giving them free food, healthcare and education. She has plans to open many NGOs to help as many people as possible.

It is on meeting people like her that we are reminded of presence of God's angels among us :)

Fantastico, Isn't She? :)

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment