Friday, September 27, 2013

I Want to Explore...

Yes I am!Traveling is my excuse to stay away from my often dark life, even if only in my dreams! Owing to the fact that I am not ultra-rich and cannot afford to take a vacation every month (what I consider as the ideal scenario) nor am I ever getting those many holidays in my present job..most of the time I am exploring this world only through my dreams -sleeping or awake :)

One of the ways I do this is by reading books and blogs. SO MANY BOOKS AND SO MANY BLOGS dedicated only to traveling! It is a goldmine of information out there and wonderful pictures..of places, people, architecture, art, food, children, life in motion, spiritual and religious icons and what not!

I have traveled all over the world through these twin portals-print and digital media :) And I keep going back to Europe-specifically, Italy, Scotland and Ireland.

Italy-everything about it invites me in. I have a fantasy of enrolling in an Italian University and do a thesis on ancient Roman Empire while I roam around sampling Italian food and soak in the Italian fervour for life!

And as for Scotland and Ireland, well, I feel a very strange connection with them. A couple of years ago I had a weird dream where I was standing in a field -beautiful one with tall grass and nothing else around except for a church..and a man in the distance. I think I know that man, but I have never seen his face. But I know I am waiting for him. And somehow I will find him there, in those fields, near or maybe inside that church.

I have actually never seen any picture of that church or that field from my dreams. But something inside me tells me it is in Scotland or Ireland that I will find this place.It was not a dream alone, that much I am sure of :) Someday I will be there, and I will find him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment