Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kofta..and Funnnn With Friends!!!

4 years ago, after listening to mom cry and plead for more than 2 decades, I finally decided to start cooking food on my own! Yahoo! Now obviously, this monumental decision needed a monumental dish! Right? You don't think I would start by making 'Bhindi ki Bhujiya', did you? :P So I decided to start my culinary adventures with Kofta-one of my most favorite chatakdaar matakdaar dishes.I especially love having Koftas with lots of onions, chaat masala, dahi -it is a full fledged meal in itself isn't it :) Wow, my mouth cannot stop salivating even now...

So one fine day I woke up early and made (yes, I made all of it on my own!) a kadai full of yum yum Kofta and since it smelled (and looked) so yummy,I decided to take some for my college friends...


And off I went to college like Red Riding Hood with my bag full of surprise with my friends who knew the very idea of even boiling water on my own was enough to give me a coronary :D

When I reached college, guess what happened? Our lecs got cancelled because both our teachers for the day were caught in some meeting!!! Seriously, 2 lecs for the day and both got cancelled! You know what this means for a Final Year Graduation Student? PARTAYYYYYYYYYYYYY......

So basically, all of us had a feast on my Koftas-and nobody died of food poisoning! And for the rest of the day, all of us-meaning myself and my bestest friends roamed around the college campus like crazy bats roaming freely for the first time in the life! More than that actually, it was the feeling of being a part of something so beautiful that was about to end. Our wonderful time in College was about to give way to responsibility and adulthood..and we got this unexpected opportunity to simply forget everything and go crazzzyyyyyy :)


Since then, the smell of Koftas has always signified to me this great nostalgic wave of that whiff of liberation, freedom, craziness and college-dom :)

Nostalgically Yours,
Richa :)

This Blog post has been written for 'Smelly to Smiley' Contest by AmbiPurIndia & IndiBlogger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment