Sunday, September 22, 2013

So,what exactly is Justice?

Am I the only one who is confused with the concepts of Justice, Freedom, Truth ?

Starting from the beginning..I like Legal Shows very much. I was hooked onto Boston Legal throughout my college days and now I am fanatically into 'The Practice'.

But the more I watch this awesome show (and yes, I know I am watching it way after the whole world has probably seen it..but whatever :P) the more I get confused. And then I read the newspapers..

There are so many cases depicted on this show where the lawyers know that their clients are murderers and rapists of the lowest degree but they still 'do their job' and get them acquitted.

Even when these filth, these scum on the face of this planet, confess to their crimes in front of their lawyers, it comes under 'work product' and 'privileged communication'.

Child Rapists, Wife Beaters, Drug Dealers, Rapists, Torturers, Cold-blooded Executors, Sadists, Criminals who don't even deserve to be called human are often found 'Not Guilty' based on some technicalities and their lawyers are satisfied with a 'job well done'.

I know this is just a fictional serial, but doesn't it have an iota of truth in it?

Reading the newspapers, anyone can see it has MUCH MORE  than an iota of truth.

Take the heinous December 2012 Gang Rape case of Delhi -the infamous 'Nirbhaya' case. Apparently, one of the 5 criminals, one of the 5 animals, is a 'juvenile'! And that is why, while others get death sentence, he will be free after 3 years in Juvenile detention center! And apparently, this 'juvenile' was the one who committed the most unmentionable atrocities and pushed 'Nirbhaya' towards her untimely, shocking demise.

So, if a 'Juvenile' commits an adult act, doesn't he deserve to be punished like an adult?

What is the point?

And then to see and hear all the ridiculous statements made by the defense lawyers to get their clients acquitted which includes the disgusting tactic of blaming the victim or proving the victim as insane or pervert ..I mean, I get that the whole point of Judicial system is to punish the guilty and protect the innocents and I really admire the whole 'Innocent until proven guilty' motto but seriously, when we know that there is a monster in our midst, isn't it our Duty to keep that monster away from civil society? I wonder if our lawyers' first duty should be towards their client. It should be towards Justice,right? When Humanity is ashamed of someone's acts, when someone strays so far away that it is not possible for any sane person to co-habit with them, isn't it our duty to banish them from human society altogether? Then why do we allow the defense lawyers to go on with their charades..

I get very very confused sometimes...sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment