Friday, September 27, 2013

Stupidity, Ignorance, Bigotry..

Words..Its only words..but words can kill,right?

Stupidity, Idiocy, Ignorance, Bigotry, Prejudice, Regressive, Closed-Minded, Stubborn, Fanatical..all are just words, until you happen to meet someone adhering to the meaning of these words..

Yesterday night, on twitter, an acquaintance of mine wrote 'Mahabharata is better than Ramayana'. Reason-she is getting confused watching the latest serial Mahabharat on Star Plus everyday with so many characters flitting in and out everyday..and obviously it is going to get worse as the show progresses.

Took me right back to when I was 12 and we had this epic as a separate 100 marks paper (I think it was moral class) and how scared I was (and we had a concise version,not the original!) But slowly, as I started reading the story-without bothering to memorize the characters' names first, I found it all interesting and today I can remember about 60% of story and characters!

So all I did was-give my twitter friend a simple tip-stop focussing on characters, there are HUNDREDS of them and you will keep getting confused as to their relationships. Simply focus on situations and slowly as you understand the story, you will remember the characters :)

Pretty straightforward?

Apparently not!

This third lady butts in our conversation saying things like-I don't agree with you, what you are telling this girl is wrong, if people can remember movies can't they remember something we worship..

I should have stopped then. Understood on my own that some people (idiots, stupids, ignorant, closed-minded bigots) cannot be reasoned with. But no, I have to finish every argument! Stupid Me. I tried to make her see reason! By telling her that she should read my tweets, nowhere did I mention anything against the epic rather I am talking about the STRATEGY to remember it easily.

BIG Mistake.

This lady gets infuriated and starts accusing me of being 'ultra modern','show off',messing up my twitter timeline with uncivilized language while saying, 'plz i am not interested in arguing with you'

!!!!!!!

10 minutes later, I finally realize my folly. Arguing with a pesky pest turned me into a pest too!

Immediately, I blocked her and proceeded to have a fitful sleep all though the night.

Why couldn't I let things be? Why can't I calm down? Why can't I stay away from an argument? Why does it infuriate me so when somebody misunderstands me? Why can't I be peaceful? Why do I have this maddening urge to make sure I finish everything no matter how painful? Why can't I walk away? Why couldn't I understand I was talking to a dinosaur who had already made up her mind I was one of those Page 3 'firangi' models who was interested only in fashion, boys and mini-skirts? Why did it disturb me so to think she was thinking like this about me? Why did I care so much about what a stranger says or thinks about me? It is just Twitter for God's sake! Why do I feel like finding this person in real life and give her one big tight slap! Why do I feel so violent especially whenever I feel like an injustice has been committed against me? Why do I often feel so lonely and misjudged ? Why did I toss and turn all night long with weird dreams punctuating my sleep, something that happens whenever I try and sleep after an argument with anyone. It feels like a dark cloud hovering over my head.

Then I realize I am borderline maniac-depressive. My moods fluctuate like anything and since I am not on any medication for the same, it takes a lot of willpower on my own to control myself,my thoughts (often suicidal) and impulses (to cry for hours without any reason, inflict self-harm).

*sigh* Life is Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment